Subject: Re: bug#34014: 25.2; binding down mouse event with modifier to mouse-drag-region does not work

From: Adolf Mathias <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2020 14:07:21 +0200

No, this does not work - it kills between the original mouse position
and the position where the S-mouse1 went down.

Funny is, it works on Emacs24 - probably because the mouse-drag-track
in mouse-stay-and-copy  keeps the S-drag-mouse-1 binding from
receiving events.

It seems that mouse-drag-track is broken, what concerns my
expectations to it. And it can be reimplemented, as I mentioned before
that I did - I just did not bother to reimplement the multiple-click
logic that is part of it.

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 4:20 AM Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Adolf Mathias <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > On Emacs Post 24, this stopped to work.
>
> Could you also explain what exactly your code is supposed to be doing?
>
> And did you try the following?
>
> (define-key global-map '[S-down-mouse-1] 'mouse-stay-and-copy)
> (define-key global-map '[S-drag-mouse-1] 'mouse-set-region)
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan Kangas