Subject: [bug#34007] [PATCH 0/5] Drop Guile 2.0 support

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 11:47:00 +0100

Hello Guix,

This removes Guile 2.0 support, which in turn in a first step towards
Guile 2.9/3.0 support.

Note that build-side code that would trigger full rebuilds is
unchanged and so still uses APIs that are deprecated in Guile 2.2, in
particular (guix build utils) and (guix build gnu-build-system).

Feedback welcome!

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (5):
  build: Require Guile 2.2.
  maint: Remove 'cond-expand' forms for Guile 2.0.
  download: Remove Guile 2.0 workaround.
  Remove most uses of the _IO*F constants.
  self: Drop support for Guix < 0.15 on Guile 2.0.

 README                              |  2 +-
 configure.ac                        |  6 +-
 doc/guix.texi                       |  5 +-
 gnu/packages/package-management.scm | 39 ++++--------
 guix/build/compile.scm              | 18 ++----
 guix/build/download-nar.scm         |  6 +-
 guix/build/download.scm             | 28 +++------
 guix/build/make-bootstrap.scm       |  4 +-
 guix/build/syscalls.scm             | 56 ++++++++---------
 guix/build/union.scm                | 21 +++++--
 guix/ftp-client.scm                 |  8 +--
 guix/http-client.scm                |  2 +-
 guix/inferior.scm                   | 10 ++-
 guix/scripts/pack.scm               |  6 +-
 guix/scripts/substitute.scm         |  6 +-
 guix/self.scm                       | 95 +++++++----------------------
 guix/ssh.scm                        | 12 ++--
 guix/status.scm                     |  6 +-
 guix/store.scm                      |  9 +--
 guix/ui.scm                         |  9 +--
 tests/publish.scm                   |  6 +-
 tests/status.scm                    |  6 +-
 tests/store.scm                     |  6 +-
 23 files changed, 131 insertions(+), 235 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1