Subject: [bug#34005] [PATCH] system: Add sudoedit to %setuid-programs.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 11:41:20 +0100

Hi Meiyo,

Meiyo Peng <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This patch adds sudoedit to %setuid-programs.  Although sudoedit is
> equivalent to "sudo -e" and sudo is already in %setuid-programs, I
> prefer to type sudoedit in terminal.  sudoedit is a common command in
> Linux distros.  I use it frequently.  It would be great if guix users
> are not forced to fallback on "sudo -e".

The problem I see is that on GuixSD /etc/sudoers is not supposed to be
edited directly.  Instead, users are expected to specify ‘sudoers-file’
in their OS config, which generates a read-only /etc/sudoers.

Whatever changes you make manually to that file are lost upon reboot or
reconfiguration.

Thus I feel like we should discourage ‘sudo -e’, ’sudoedit’, and
‘visudo’ altogether.

WDYT?

Thanks,
Ludo’.