Subject: bug#3400: bug in add-text-properties

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 22:26:07 -0400

retitle 3400 Let C-x = show info about visible and invisible text near point
severity 3400 wishlist
quit

Nicolas Petton <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I also see the buggy C-a behavior with GNU Emacs 23.0.94.1
>> (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.4) of 2009-05-28 on escher
>
> I can't reproduce the C-a behavior issue on Emacs built today, commit
> c54238d.

Same here (25.1-rc1).

>
> The issue with C-u C-x = is still there though.

So I'm setting this to wishlist.

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=3400#55 is the clearest
statement of what's wished for.