Subject: bug#33999: CP437: Invalid Argument on init

From: Bryan Ferris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 06:34:46 -0800

Root files:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XL_iQCze4SkOSd_GnOzNTfkNMiRJHDLG
ESP: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o7sQD9rhzRwTKsyvqrZpScMQrgi5XCDT

I tried reconfiguring from chroot but ran into some issues. I bind-mounted
/dev, /sys, /proc, and /var from the installer to the target, which got
past some errors. The one I couldn't get past was being unable to find the
glibc derivation in the store, though the file was present. Not sure what
went wrong there.

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 6:19 PM Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hi Bryan,
>
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 07:15:43 -0800
> Bryan Ferris <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > Well, the partition is > 400GiB which makes it difficult to `dd`. I'm not
> > sure if I have a drive big enough to store it, even if I pipe it directly
> > into a compression algorithm. Would compressing the files themselves be
> > sufficient? I'm going to hold off on reconfiguring until I hear back from
> > you on this because if that fixes it then it might also destroy evidence
> of
> > the bug.
>
> Yes, I would suggest you do (in a chroot, probably):
>
> * compress all the files from the root partition (i.e. something like tar
> zcvf)
> * dd only the uefi partition
>
> ... and then send those two files to us.
>