Subject: 27.0.50; Emacs crash on MSWindows 10

From: Vincent Belaïche <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2019 14:53:02 +0100

Hello, I cannot tell how to reproduce the crash, just it happened as I
was from standby. Here is the gdb backtrace:

--8<----8<----8<----8<----8<-- begin -->8---->8---->8---->8---->8----
Vincent@AigleRoyal  /c/Programmes/installation/emacs-install/master/emacs/src
$ /mingw64/bin/gdb -p 10152
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.12
Copyright (C) 2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-w64-mingw32".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word".
Attaching to process 10152
[New Thread 10152.0x2b18]
[New Thread 10152.0x2c64]
[New Thread 10152.0x2a94]
[New Thread 10152.0x3d90]
[New Thread 10152.0x860]
[New Thread 10152.0x41c]
[New Thread 10152.0x3958]
[New Thread 10152.0x3e0c]
[New Thread 10152.0x45b8]
[New Thread 10152.0x45c8]
[New Thread 10152.0x1d4c]
[New Thread 10152.0x3480]
[New Thread 10152.0x1780]
[New Thread 10152.0x449c]
[New Thread 10152.0x33d8]
[New Thread 10152.0x3cbc]
[New Thread 10152.0x48dc]
[New Thread 10152.0x4a40]
[New Thread 10152.0xc64]
[New Thread 10152.0x3ce4]
[New Thread 10152.0x5b8]
[New Thread 10152.0x4260]
[New Thread 10152.0x2f1c]
[New Thread 10152.0x2db0]
[New Thread 10152.0x2218]
[New Thread 10152.0x46c0]
[New Thread 10152.0x2e84]
[New Thread 10152.0xdb0]
[New Thread 10152.0x23e4]
[New Thread 10152.0x3e50]
[New Thread 10152.0x3030]
[New Thread 10152.0x3394]
[New Thread 10152.0x3b48]
[New Thread 10152.0x2dec]
[New Thread 10152.0x43e8]
[New Thread 10152.0x4334]
[New Thread 10152.0x498c]
[New Thread 10152.0x2048]
[New Thread 10152.0x1e8c]
Reading symbols from C:\Nos_Programmes\GNU\Emacs\bin\emacs.exe...done.
warning: File "C:\Programmes\installation\emacs-install\master\emacs\src\.gdbinit" auto-loading has been declined by your `auto-load safe-path' set to "$debugdir:$datadir/auto-load".
To enable execution of this file add
	add-auto-load-safe-path C:\Programmes\installation\emacs-install\master\emacs\src\.gdbinit
line to your configuration file "C:\Nos_Programmes\msys64\home\Vincent/.gdbinit".
To completely disable this security protection add
	set auto-load safe-path /
line to your configuration file "C:\Nos_Programmes\msys64\home\Vincent/.gdbinit".
For more information about this security protection see the
"Auto-loading safe path" section in the GDB manual.  E.g., run from the shell:
	info "(gdb)Auto-loading safe path"
(gdb) cont
Continuing.
[Thread 10152.0x1e8c exited with code 0]

Thread 1 received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
[Switching to Thread 10152.0x2b18]
0x00007ffaca9bc5d3 in KERNELBASE!DebugBreak ()
   from C:\WINDOWS\System32\KernelBase.dll
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x00007ffaca9bc5d3 in KERNELBASE!DebugBreak ()
   from C:\WINDOWS\System32\KernelBase.dll
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x000000040017ef7b in emacs_abort () at w32fns.c:10775
        button = <optimized out>
#2  0x00000004000a5948 in terminate_due_to_signal (sig=11, 
    backtrace_limit=<optimized out>) at emacs.c:399
No locals.
#3  0x00000004000bdc8a in handle_fatal_signal (sig=524288, sig@entry=11)
    at sysdep.c:1769
No locals.
#4  0x00000004000bd9c8 in deliver_thread_signal (sig=11, 
    handler=0x4000bdc7c <handle_fatal_signal>) at sysdep.c:1743
        old_errno = 4
#5  0x00000004000bd9e5 in deliver_fatal_thread_signal (sig=524288)
    at sysdep.c:1781
No locals.
#6  0x00000004001ce8d8 in _gnu_exception_handler (exception_data=0xbfe710)
    at C:/repo/mingw-w64-crt-git/src/mingw-w64/mingw-w64-crt/crt/crt_handler.c:223
        old_handler = <optimized out>
        action = 0
        reset_fpu = 0
#7  0x00007ffacba67c58 in msvcrt!__C_specific_handler ()
   from C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
No symbol table info available.
#8  0x00007fface5df7dd in ntdll!.chkstk () from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
No symbol table info available.
#9  0x00007fface54d856 in ntdll!RtlWalkFrameChain ()
   from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
No symbol table info available.
#10 0x00007fface5de70e in ntdll!KiUserExceptionDispatcher ()
   from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
No symbol table info available.
#11 0x00000004000c65b6 in set_buffer_internal_1 (b=0x80000) at buffer.c:2071
No locals.
#12 0x00000004000b4d3e in set_buffer_internal (b=<optimized out>)
    at buffer.h:1159
No locals.
#13 command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1279
        cmd = <optimized out>
        keybuf = {0x62, 0xc2, 0x19a, 0x3, 0x50610, 0x8b97873, 
          0x4001ebc04 <pure+36>, 0x0, 0x0, 
          0x4000abc84 <cmd_error_internal+141>, 0x0, 
          0x4000ab826 <cancel_echoing+54>, 0x7, 0x8e30, 
          0x4005c5060 <globals>, 0x0, 0x0, 0x4000abda8 <cmd_error+239>, 0x3, 
          0x4007a76c3 <dumped_data+1818307>, 0x4005c5060 <globals>, 
          0x40011a854 <Feval+92>, 
          0x4005c5000 <suspicious_free_history+66016>, 0x0, 0xbff7c0, 
          0x3da5640, 0x160, 0x1, 0x26c6dc0, 0x40011606f <push_handler+9>}
        i = <optimized out>
        prev_modiff = 0
        prev_buffer = 0x0
#14 0x00000004001161e0 in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=bfun@entry=0x4000b46be <command_loop_1>, 
    handlers=handlers@entry=0x5da0, hfun=hfun@entry=0x4000abcb9 <cmd_error>)
    at eval.c:1349
        val = 0x6
        c = 0x3da5640
#15 0x00000004000a71d7 in command_loop_2 (ignore=<optimized out>)
    at keyboard.c:1079
        val = 0x6
#16 0x0000000400116171 in internal_catch (tag=tag@entry=0xf570, 
    func=func@entry=0x4000a71bb <command_loop_2>, arg=arg@entry=0x0)
    at eval.c:1114
        val = 0x6
        c = 0x3da54d0
#17 0x00000004000a710c in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1058
No locals.
#18 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
Backtrace stopped: previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)
(gdb) xbacktrace
Undefined command: "xbacktrace".  Try "help".
(gdb)
--8<----8<----8<----8<----8<--  end  -->8---->8---->8---->8---->8----

I hope that this can help....
  Vincent.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2018-08-10 built on AIGLEROYAL
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.17134
Recent messages:
Mark set [2 times]
Auto-saving...done
Making completion list... [6 times]
Mark set [4 times]
No match
Directory stack empty.
Making completion list... [2 times]
Quit
Making completion list...
Quit

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=C:/Nos_Programmes/GNU/Emacs
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/mingw64/lib/pkgconfig:/mingw64/share/pkgconfig
 'CFLAGS= -Og -g3 -L
 C:/Programmes/installation/emacs-install/libXpm-3.5.8/src' 'CPPFLAGS=
 -DFOR_MSW=1 -I
 C:/Programmes/installation/emacs-install/libXpm-3.5.8/include -I
 C:/Programmes/installation/emacs-install/libXpm-3.5.8/src -L
 C:/Programmes/installation/emacs-install/libXpm-3.5.8/src'
 PKG_CONFIG=/usr/bin/pkg-config.exe'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: FRA
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
c:/Programmes/installation/cedet-install/cedet-git/lisp/speedbar/loaddefs hides c:/Nos_Programmes/GNU/Emacs/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/loaddefs
c:/Programmes/installation/cedet-install/cedet-git/lisp/speedbar/loaddefs hides c:/Programmes/installation/cedet-install/cedet-git/lisp/cedet/loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils vc-dispatcher vc-svn preview prv-emacs reftex-dcr reftex
reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars tex-bar tex-buf toolbar-x noutline outline
font-latex latex latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake warnings tex-ispell
tex-style tex-mode latexenc pcmpl-unix shell pcomplete elec-pair edmacro
kmacro jdee jdee-wiz jdee-test jdee-archive memoize jdee-stacktrace
jdee-refactor dired-aux dired-x dired dired-loaddefs jdee-project-file
jdee-maven dash jdee-keys jdee-jdb jdee-java-grammar jdee-which-method
jdee-font-lock jdee-issues jdee-help jdee-gen tempo jdee-find jdee-deps
jdee-cygwin jdee-custom jdee-compile jdee-class jdee-bytecode jdee-bug
easy-mmode jdee-dbs jdee-run jdee-jdk-manager jdee-dbo jdee-widgets
jdee-db jdee-open-source semantic/senator semantic/db-find
semantic/db-ref semantic/decorate pulse jdee-import jdee-complete
semantic/idle working fame jdee-parse jdee-backend jdee-bsh jdee-util
arc-mode archive-mode jdee-parse-expr beanshell thingatpt semantic/sb
speedbar sb-image dframe jdee-imenu semantic/imenu imenu semantic/sort
semantic/db-file semantic/adebug eieio-datadebug data-debug cedet-files
semantic/db eieio-base semantic/java semantic/format ezimage
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/doc semantic/ctxt
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local jdee-avl-tree avl-tree generator etags xref
project efc eieio-compat jdee-annotations jdee-abbrev jdee-classpath
jdee-files jdee-activator jdee-log executable cus-edit cus-start
cus-load compile comint ansi-color ring cedet cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs browse-url
flatland-black-theme calc-misc calc-arith calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs
calc-macs skeleton rx tex-mik tex crm advice preview-latex auto-loads
tex-site bbdb bbdb-site timezone bbdb-loaddefs template w32utils cl
recentf tree-widget wid-edit load-path-to-cedet-svn time-date mule-util
finder-inf package let-alist derived pcase cl-extra help-mode easymenu
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv epg epg-config subr-x cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 463945 19938)
 (symbols 56 45212 1)
 (miscs 48 142 386)
 (strings 32 101830 4128)
 (string-bytes 1 3235032)
 (vectors 16 42082)
 (vector-slots 8 932029 27742)
 (floats 8 129 569)
 (intervals 56 3834 1128)
 (buffers 992 20))