Subject: Re: bug#33993: Missing Texinfo documentation for Guix itself

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2019 10:10:31 +0100

Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]> writes:

> This copy of Guix (in Trisquel 8.0 Flidas amd64) was installed using the
> shell script installer (for which I became root for that, that is, used
> `sudo -i'). The binary version downloaded was 0.16.0.
>
> At least after pulling and upgrading the recipes based on commit
> "5a7899fd88c1c463d3b75ac9077ccd183ddec914" (I didn't test this before
> pulling, sorry), the Texinfo documentation for Guix itself seems to be
> mising, even from root's profile.

The installer script creates links from
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/share/info to
/usr/local/share/info.  Is the former directory populated as you would
expect?

> Interestingly, despite "$GUIX_PROFILE/share/info" not having the Texinfo
> documentation as described, "/usr/local/share/info" has at least some
> "dir."* files that seem to come from Guix. While "guix"{,"."*}".info.gz"
> are present in the form of broken symbolic links, each of which pointing
> to their counterparts in
> "/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/share/info".

This is odd.  Do the files exist in
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/share/info?  Can you
please show us the output of “ls -la /usr/local/share/info” and “ls -la
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/share/info”?

--
Ricardo