Subject: bug#33993: Missing Texinfo documentation for Guix itself

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2019 00:56:58 -0200

This copy of Guix (in Trisquel 8.0 Flidas amd64) was installed using the
shell script installer (for which I became root for that, that is, used
`sudo -i'). The binary version downloaded was 0.16.0.

At least after pulling and upgrading the recipes based on commit
"5a7899fd88c1c463d3b75ac9077ccd183ddec914" (I didn't test this before
pulling, sorry), the Texinfo documentation for Guix itself seems to be
mising, even from root's profile.

Related environment variables present in root's ".profile" file (be
careful when reusing the following lines, as they might be broken where
they shouldn't):

----8<---------------------------------------------------------->8----
export GUIX_PROFILE=~/".guix-profile"
export GUIX_LOCPATH="$GUIX_PROFILE/lib/locale"
export PATH="$GUIX_PROFILE/bin${PATH:+:}$PATH"
export
INFOPATH="/usr/local/share/info/:$GUIX_PROFILE/share/info/${INFOPATH:+:}$INFOPATH:"
# Other variables
source "$GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile"
----8<---------------------------------------------------------->8----

Now for the ones in my current user's ".profile" file (idem):

----8<---------------------------------------------------------->8----
export GUIX_PROFILE=~/".guix-profile"
export GUIX_LOCPATH="$GUIX_PROFILE/lib/locale"
export PATH="$GUIX_PROFILE/bin:$GUIX_PROFILE/sbin${PATH:+:}$PATH"
export
INFOPATH="/usr/local/share/info/:$GUIX_PROFILE/share/info/${INFOPATH:+:}$INFOPATH:"
# Other variables
source "$GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile"
----8<---------------------------------------------------------->8----

Interestingly, despite "$GUIX_PROFILE/share/info" not having the Texinfo
documentation as described, "/usr/local/share/info" has at least some
"dir."* files that seem to come from Guix. While "guix"{,"."*}".info.gz"
are present in the form of broken symbolic links, each of which pointing
to their counterparts in
"/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/share/info".

-- 
- Página com formas de contato:
  https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#vCard
- Ativista do software livre (não confundir com o gratuito). Avaliador
  da liberdade de software e de sites.
- Página com lista de contribuições:
  https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#Contribs
- Para uso em escritórios e trabalhos, favor enviar arquivos do padrão
  internacional OpenDocument/ODF 1.2 (ISO/IEC 26300-1:2015 e
  correlatos). São os .odt/.ods/.odp/odg. O LibreOffice é a suíte de
  escritório recomendada para editar tais arquivos.
- Para outros formatos de arquivos, veja:
  https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#Arquivos
- Gosta do meu trabalho? Contrate-me ou doe algo para mim!
  https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#Suporte
- Use comunicações sociais federadas padronizadas, onde o "social"
  permanece independente do fornecedor. #DeleteWhatsApp. Use #XMPP
  (https://libreplanet.org/wiki/XMPP.pt), #DeleteFacebook
  #DeleteInstagram #DeleteTwitter #DeleteYouTube. Use #ActivityPub via
  #Mastodon (https://joinmastodon.org/).
- #DeleteNetflix #CancelNetflix. Evite #DRM:
  https://www.defectivebydesign.org/