Subject: bug#33993: Missing Texinfo documentation for Guix itself

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2019 15:35:15 -0200

Note: Replying only to the list as it makes it easy for others and their
email clients to filter/split this message according to List-id header
field.

Em 06/01/2019 07:10, Ricardo Wurmus escreveu:
> The installer script creates links from
> /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/share/info to
> /usr/local/share/info.  Is the former directory populated as you would
> expect?

As I said, "/usr/local/share/info" has the symbolic links. Additionally,
now that you mention it, searching for
"/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/share/info/guix"{,".*"}".info"*
returns the Texinfo files, but not in .GZ format.

That said, they do exist and are readable there. I'll get a foreign
distribution image to test using QEMU and observe the behavior from
there when my other tasks allow me to.

> This is odd.  Do the files exist in
> /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/share/info?  Can you
> please show us the output of “ls -la /usr/local/share/info” and “ls -la
> /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/share/info”?