Subject: bug#3399: Crash in multi-TTY mode

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 11:25:09 +0900

>>>>> On Fri, 29 May 2009 10:30:09 -0400, Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> said:

> Now I'm not sure if I prefer the crash or the hideous workaround.
> At the very least, the hideous workaround should be wrapped in
> "#ifdef HIDEOUS_WORKAROUND" (or some more descriptive name).
> Ideally, we could then use an autoconf macro to only activate the
> workaround when needed.

But in general it's impossible to tell at configure time which
version of libX11 will be linked at runtime.

I'd prefer the conservative "maybe leaking" one at this stage as I
said first in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-05/msg00263.html .

The third non-crashing non-hideous way would be to associate the
created database before any call to XGetDefault so it may not set the
XlibDisplayDfltRMDB flag.  That will require reordering in the display
initialization and we can try it after the release.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]