Subject: Re: bug#33974: 26.1.90; emacs-26 branch Emacs crashes in daemon mode when calling helm-M-x or a eval-expression

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 16:43:05 +0200

> From: Vladimir Kazanov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 09:03:17 +0000
> 
> I've built the recent emacs-26 branch and tried to run it in daemon mode
> (both fg and bg). Once running I call (helm-M-x) or (eval-expression).
> This results in a crash.

Do you see the same in the 26.1.90 pretest and in Emacs 26.1?

> Configured using:
>  'configure --with-modules --with-cairo'
> 
> Configured features:
> XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS
> GLIB NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT
> ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD
> LCMS2

Can you try building without Cairo?  Does the crash happen there?

Thanks.