Subject: bug#33971: artifacts on screen in 26.1

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 15:08:05 +0200

> From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 17:46:33 +0800
> 
> >>>>> "EZ" == Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> EZ> Try changing the settings of your video driver to less aggressive
> EZ> ones.
> I was just about to take a picture of it with my cellphone camera,
> but then something updated the screen and made it go away. So it only
> lasts a total of 15 seconds max.
> 
> Anyway it only started with emacs 26, and no other programs have this
> problem, so any "aggressive video settings" that I haven't ever tinkered
> with probably aren't the problem.

I was guessing.  Without any way of seeing what you see, it's hard to
do more than just guess.

And your assumption that this must be an Emacs problem given the
symptoms is not necessarily correct.  I've seen such problems becoming
visible only in Emacs.