Subject: bug#3395: 23.0.94; Remove colon after option etc. name

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 19:04:49 +0200

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> It has not been fixed.  You do not see it because `variable-at-point'
> (used by `describe-variable') compensates here.  (Likewise,
> `symbol-at-point'.)

If these functions pick up the symbol as intended, I don't see what the
problem is.

> The buffer syntax should be that of Emacs Lisp.

It's not an Emacs Lisp buffer.  It's a text buffer that may have some
Emacs Lisp symbols in it.

> Arbitrary functions that pick up (Lisp) symbol names should and will
> then pick up a `:' as part of a symbol name.

The arbitrary functions should use `symbol-at-point' or the like.

> Because of this, we should remove this colon, which is anyway
> unnecessary.

It looks nice.  I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/