Subject: bug#33919: [PATCH 0/5] Add Zstandard compression for installation and utilities

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 18:27:51 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > I'm okay with adding support for zstd to Emacs, but I'm not sure we
>> > should complicate the build with offering yet another compression
>> > option.  Up front, I don't think the advantages of zstd are really so
>> > overwhelming that they will justify the complexity.
>> >
>> > So maybe split the patch series in two; the part that adds zstd
>> > support to Emacs can be installed already.

[...]

> When you ask a question, I'd appreciate if next time you waited a bit
> longer for the answer.  (I've only seen the question this morning,
> i.e. 12 hours ago, and didn't yet have time to re-read the discussions
> and the patches.)  TIA.

Sorry; I assumed that you were on board with this already based on your
previous comment, so I was really soliciting answers from others
(Michael, in particular).

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no