Subject: Re: bug#33901: 26.1; cl-letf is unexpectedly not autoloaded

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 14:09:52 +0100

On Dez 29 2018, Markus Triska <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Those autoloads are only defined in the cl-macs package.  You need to
>> load it first.

Replace "cl-macs" by "cl" above, which is what defines the autoloads.

> Is this really the intended way? I mean, why is this described as an
> "autoloaded" macro then?

Because you have loaded the cl package.

> If I have to load cl-macs before using cl-letf, it seems to be as good
> as not having an autoload for it at all. Is there any advantage to this?

The cl package exists of several files.  The autoloads arrange for
loading only the subset that is actually used.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1
"And now for something completely different."