Subject: Guix manual PO file uses same translation msgid ``channels'' for different uses

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 11:55:33 +0100

Hello,

The Guix manual POT file 0.16.0.1 submitted to the Translation Project
has these lines:

#. type: item
#: doc/guix.texi:2919 doc/guix.texi:3279
#, no-wrap
msgid "channels"
msgstr ""

However, doc/guix.texi:2919 is a cindex which should be translated and
doc/guix.texi:3279 is a table item which describes syntax that must
not be translated.

I am not sure

· if this is a bug in PO4A (it could detect that one of them is a
  cindex and the other is not and then use something like a msgctxtid
  as in
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib/raw/master/glib/ggettext.c
  or _C in https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-I18N.html
  )

· or this term should somehow be specified to PO4A as an exception

· or the cindex term could be changed.

Regards,
Florian