Subject: Re: bug#33871: 27.0.50; Revert Dired window saved in window configuration

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 10:41:01 +0100

> Here is the patch that stores any kind of information via a hook,
 > one for each window in a buffer local way.
 >
 > Currently only dired positions for the revert case are supported.
 > But also I tried to save context of any buffer in a bookmark way,
 > and this works nicely, and correctly restores old positions even
 > from window states from the desktop:

Note that

+       (with-selected-window w
+         (when (functionp window-set-context-function)

and

+           (with-selected-window w
+             (when-let ((context (window-parameter w 'context)))

would set up a precedence case for the future use of
'window-set-context-function'.  Are you sure that you always want to
select the window in question here or would it suffice to pass the
window as argument to the context function?

martin