Subject: bug#33870: closed (Re: bug#33870: 27.0.50; xref-goto-xref not configurable)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 00:53:02 +0000

Your bug report

#33870: 27.0.50; xref-goto-xref not configurable

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
33870: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33870
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#33870: 27.0.50; xref-goto-xref not configurable
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>, João Távora<[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 03:52:47 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 11.06.2019 3:00, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> But here's an alternative patch. <...>

Installed, and closing.

Subject: 27.0.50; xref-goto-xref not configurable
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 22:42:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

X-Debbugs-CC: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>

There is no more need to replace switch-to-buffer with
pop-to-buffer-same-window in xref--pop-to-location
like was asked in https://debbugs.gnu.org/32790#206
because now a new option switch-to-buffer-obey-display-actions
can be customized to t.

But still there is one xref command, namely `xref-goto-xref' bound to
RET in the *xref* buffer that always displays the buffer in the
predefined window, and there is no way to change this behavior.

Is it possible to change it to use either pop-to-buffer-same-window
or at least switch-to-buffer?