Subject: bug#33870: 27.0.50; xref-goto-xref not configurable

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 18:34:21 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> behavior better.  The part of the current behavior where RET after
> "C-x 4 ." makes a new window I don't like too much,

I don't know if Juri description says it does, but I agree with you it
shouldn't.

> I think it would
> be better to reuse the window where *xref* is shown.

It does exactly this, in my tests.  Unless, of course, it has another
available window besides the original one and the *xref* one.

> So on balance I think we don't need to change the current UI.

Yes, though I would like to at least try out Juri's proposal in practice
day-to-day programming.

> If that patch doesn't change the default behavior, I have nothing
> against installing it on master.

That's my position, too.  Apparently, Juri's patch makes it easy to
switch between alternatives.

> P.S. Sorry for a delay in responding, I had several urgent tasks that
> ate up all my free time.

No problem.

João