Subject: bug#33870: 27.0.50; xref-goto-xref not configurable

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 23:12:09 +0200

>> What doesn't work is for example (pop-to-buffer buf
>> '(display-buffer--maybe-at-bottom)) in files.el.  Please try to use
>> a file with Local Variables that ask for permissions interactively,
>> using a single-window wide frame: instead of showing the Local
>> Variables buffer at the bottom it splits windows horizontally and
>> shows the Local Variables at the top of the right-hand window.
>> If the windows were already split horizontally, then it correctly
>> displays the Local Variables at the bottom.
>
> Can you give me a simple recipe?  I forgot how to trigger the Local
> Variables dialogue.

Please just add to a new file:

;; Local Variables:
;; foo: bar
;; End:

Visiting it in a single-window wide frame splits it horizontally
instead of displaying Local Variables at the bottom, as it correctly
does when windows are already horizontally split before visiting the file.