Subject: Re: bug#33870: 27.0.50; xref-goto-xref not configurable

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 23:06:37 +0000

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> I don't dislike the current interface, thanks for working on what it
> does well.  But please don't assume that the current UI is so perfect,
> there is no way to make it better.

Juri, if I did assume that, as you suggest, why would I be aggreeing to
make it configurable?

>> 1. Make the current interface configurable
>> 2. Present a number of configurations for xref to work
>> with and how to select them.
>
> Of course, it should be configurable, I completely agree,
> this is the whole point of this report.

Then how about reviewing my patch?  It makes this configurable, and
doesn't change the default configuration.

> at this moment I have nothing more to say.

Then if noone objects I'll push the patch I presented earlier in pa few
days.  It makes xref-goto-xref configurable, doesn't change the default
configuration, and closes this bug.

João