Subject: Re: bug#33870: 27.0.50; xref-goto-xref not configurable

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:19:14 +0100

> Maybe some more suitable name for actions to add between
 > display-buffer-overriding-action and user-action?

Nothing should ever come between 'display-buffer-overriding-action'
and 'user-action'.

 >>> This makes sense.  Even more, maybe it would be possible to use only
 >>> an alist '(side . bottom)' instead of specyfying the action
 >>> 'display-buffer--maybe-at-bottom'?
 >
 > Or '(direction . bottom) or shorter '(dir . bottom)
 > compatible with terminology of window-in-direction
 > because the word "side" is associated with side windows.

Fine with me.

 > Maybe better 'frame' instead of 'main'?

No.  'frame' includes side windows (the ones you cite above) and the
minibuffer window.  'main' (from 'window-main-window') or 'root' are
better (but still not perfect).

martin