Subject: bug#33870: 27.0.50; xref-goto-xref not configurable

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 18:43:43 +0100

> The user in ~/.emacs

Then this should be an option instead of a plain variable.

 >> Why don't we provide a normal action alist entry for this?
 >
 > IIRC it was introduced before the new display-buffer-alist and its
 > action alists.  Also it's a global variable because I needed it to apply
 > to "normal" buffers (rather than those matched by
 > special-display-regexps), so it needs to go to
 > display-buffer-base-action which had no equivalent back then.

We have 'display-buffer-alist' for quite some time now.  So please
consider making this an action alist entry.  That way a user can
decide whether all buffers displayed by 'display-buffer' should be
dedicated or only certain ones and which 'dedicated' value they should
get.

 > I'm not sure what to say there.  The intended behavior is just as it is
 > described: to mark windows as dedicated when they're created.

OK.  I think we can get rid of the DEDICATED argument then.

Thanks, martin