Subject: bug#33864: Acknowledgement (27.0.50; Display corruption with "small" font size when something is in the fringe)

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 11:59:25 +0000

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 10:34:32PM -0600, Dale Sedivec wrote:
> I did a "git bisect" on master and I think I traced this to:
> 
> commit b58e8b82ededfb314e385d97df1efed2ce84f4db
> Merge: febdedfa8d 094fcf62d2
> Author: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
> Date:   Wed Nov 28 07:51:11 2018 -0800
> 
>     Merge from origin/emacs-26
> 
>     094fcf6 Fix more drawing bugs in NS port (bug#32932)

Ironically I’d expect that commit to fix any issue like this, not
cause it. The previous code would cause the entire line to be redrawn
if there was a fringe bitmap, but the new code should cause just the
bitmap itself to be redrawn.

Although I suppose it might not be the fringe bitmap code that’s
causing this.

> Strange that I haven't been seeing this in the emacs-26 branch, I will
> try and build that again tomorrow to make sure I'm using an Emacs 26
> build with the above commit.

I can’t replicate the issue on either master or emacs-26.

Can you replicate this on any line that has a ‘large’ fringe bitmap,
or is it only certain ones?
-- 
Alan Third