Subject: bug#33860: Bug in GNU parted?

From: Christian Eugster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 11:56:35 +0100

Hi

Because I do not really understand english, I send this message, that I got by performing parted release 3.2. I hope there is no problem with it. Sorry for inconvenience! And merry Christmas!

Christian Eugster

8<———————— (Copied from command line)

(parted) resizepart 1

You found a bug in GNU Parted! Here's what you have to do:

Don't panic! The bug has most likely not affected any of your data.
Help us to fix this bug by doing the following:

Check whether the bug has already been fixed by checking
the last version of GNU Parted that you can find at:

	http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/parted/

Please check this version prior to bug reporting.

If this has not been fixed yet or if you don't know how to check,
please visit the GNU Parted website:

	http://www.gnu.org/software/parted

for further information.

Your report should contain the version of this release (3.2)
along with the error message below, the output of

	parted DEVICE unit co print unit s print

and the following history of commands you entered.
Also include any additional information about your setup you
consider important.

Command History:
help
print
print devices
print all
print free
resizepart 1

Error: SEGV_MAPERR (Address not mapped to object)
Backtrace has 11 calls on stack:
  11: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libparted.so.2(ped_assert+0x44) [0x7fa1f10d5e94]
  10: parted(+0xade2) [0x564f402ebde2]
  9: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x354b0) [0x7fa1f08c74b0]
  8: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(strlen+0x26) [0x7fa1f091d746]
  7: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libparted.so.2(+0x14286) [0x7fa1f10df286]
  6: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libparted.so.2(+0x15214) [0x7fa1f10e0214]
  5: parted(+0x8039) [0x564f402e9039]
  4: parted(interactive_mode+0x120) [0x564f402ee000]
  3: parted(main+0x1386) [0x564f402e7186]
  2: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf0) [0x7fa1f08b2830]
  1: parted(_start+0x29) [0x564f402e71e9]

You found a bug in GNU Parted! Here's what you have to do:

Don't panic! The bug has most likely not affected any of your data.
Help us to fix this bug by doing the following:

Check whether the bug has already been fixed by checking
the last version of GNU Parted that you can find at:

	http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/parted/

Please check this version prior to bug reporting.

If this has not been fixed yet or if you don't know how to check,
please visit the GNU Parted website:

	http://www.gnu.org/software/parted

for further information.

Your report should contain the version of this release (3.2)
along with the error message below, the output of

	parted DEVICE unit co print unit s print

and the following history of commands you entered.
Also include any additional information about your setup you
consider important.

Assertion (0) at ../../parted/ui.c:356 in function sa_sigsegv_handler() failed.

Aborted