Subject: bug#33859: closed (bug#33859:ghc-conduit-extra build fails)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 10:15:02 +0000

Your bug report

#33859: ghc-conduit-extra build fails

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
33859: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33859
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: bug#33859:ghc-conduit-extra build fails
From: Gabriel Hondet <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 11:13:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Builds without problem since 5de93cdba77db3777f8f026c029acadd7b8bdde3

Subject: ghc-conduit-extra build fails
From: Gabriel Hondet <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 16:54:28 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I've been trying to compile ghc-conduit-extra since it is needed by
ghc-xmonad-extra and xmobar.  The build fails the following way (sorry
for the poor layout):

Building library for conduit-extra-1.3.0..                                                                                      [0/1051]
[ 1 of 13] Compiling Data.Conduit.Attoparsec ( Data/Conduit/Attoparsec.hs, dist/build/Data/Conduit/Attoparsec.o )                       
                                                                                                                                        
Data/Conduit/Attoparsec.hs:99:14: error:                                                                                                
    • Couldn't match type ‘text-1.2.3.0:Data.Text.Internal.Text’                                                                        
                     with ‘TI.Text’                                                                                                     
      NB: ‘TI.Text’                                                                                                                     
            is defined in ‘Data.Text.Internal’ in package ‘text-1.2.3.0’                                                                
          ‘text-1.2.3.0:Data.Text.Internal.Text’                                                                                        
            is defined in ‘Data.Text.Internal’ in package ‘text-1.2.3.0’                                                                
      Expected type: A.Parser TI.Text b -> TI.Text -> A.IResult TI.Text b                                                               
        Actual type: Data.Attoparsec.Text.Parser b                                                                                      
                     -> text-1.2.3.0:Data.Text.Internal.Text                                                                            
                     -> Data.Attoparsec.Text.Result b
    • In the expression: Data.Attoparsec.Text.parse
      In an equation for ‘parseA’: parseA = Data.Attoparsec.Text.parse                                                                 
      In the instance declaration for ‘AttoparsecInput TI.Text’                                                              
   |                                                                                           
99 |     parseA = Data.Attoparsec.Text.parse                                                          
   |

As far as I'm concerned, the error seems to be in the haskell package
more than in the guix build process, but downgrading to previous version
is not really feasible considering the number of dependencies.
Could someone confirm that the error comes indeed from the haskell
package, and thus motivate a bug report on hackage?

Thanks