Subject: ghc-conduit-extra build fails

From: Gabriel Hondet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 16:54:28 +0100

Hello,

I've been trying to compile ghc-conduit-extra since it is needed by
ghc-xmonad-extra and xmobar.  The build fails the following way (sorry
for the poor layout):

Building library for conduit-extra-1.3.0..                                                                                      [0/1051]
[ 1 of 13] Compiling Data.Conduit.Attoparsec ( Data/Conduit/Attoparsec.hs, dist/build/Data/Conduit/Attoparsec.o )                       
                                                                                                                                        
Data/Conduit/Attoparsec.hs:99:14: error:                                                                                                
    • Couldn't match type ‘text-1.2.3.0:Data.Text.Internal.Text’                                                                        
                     with ‘TI.Text’                                                                                                     
      NB: ‘TI.Text’                                                                                                                     
            is defined in ‘Data.Text.Internal’ in package ‘text-1.2.3.0’                                                                
          ‘text-1.2.3.0:Data.Text.Internal.Text’                                                                                        
            is defined in ‘Data.Text.Internal’ in package ‘text-1.2.3.0’                                                                
      Expected type: A.Parser TI.Text b -> TI.Text -> A.IResult TI.Text b                                                               
        Actual type: Data.Attoparsec.Text.Parser b                                                                                      
                     -> text-1.2.3.0:Data.Text.Internal.Text                                                                            
                     -> Data.Attoparsec.Text.Result b
    • In the expression: Data.Attoparsec.Text.parse
      In an equation for ‘parseA’: parseA = Data.Attoparsec.Text.parse                                                                 
      In the instance declaration for ‘AttoparsecInput TI.Text’                                                              
   |                                                                                           
99 |     parseA = Data.Attoparsec.Text.parse                                                          
   |

As far as I'm concerned, the error seems to be in the haskell package
more than in the guix build process, but downgrading to previous version
is not really feasible considering the number of dependencies.
Could someone confirm that the error comes indeed from the haskell
package, and thus motivate a bug report on hackage?

Thanks