Subject: bug#33855: 27.0.50; Can't see markup in HELLO

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 18:49:04 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 10:24:12 -0400
> 
> > What other method would you suggest for removing the annotations?
> 
> Maybe a more explicit one, like `C-x h M-x write-region`?

Yuck!  Users shouldn't need to use that command.

> I can't see any part of my above recipe which says that the user (me in
> this case, I was just trying things out, tho admittedly I disabled
> `enriched-mode` via the menu on the "Enriched" word in the mode line
> instead of via `M-x enriched-mode`) intended to remove the annotations.

That's what Emacs understood: disabling Enriched means you give up on
saving the faces and the other annotations, because Emacs never does
that.  E.g., if you save a buffer in CC mode with all the faces set by
font-lock, you don't expect the file on disk to have any traces of
those faces, right?