Subject: Re: bug#3385: Bug calling patched appt-display-message

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 16:54:12 -0400

reassign 3385 emacs,calendar
tags 3385 moreinfo unreproducible
stop

With ~/diary consisting of:

------
Tuesday
   13:07 apple.wav
------

emacs-22.2 -Q -f appt-activate

works as it should for me, displaying the full text of the appointment
in the reminder window.

Please provide a complete recipe showing the problem starting from
emacs -Q (sorry, but I don't know how you do that on Windows).

Note there should be no need to patch anything, simply set the
variable appt-disp-window-function to a function that plays a sound.
As proof of concept, this works fine for me:

emacs -Q --eval "(progn \
  (setq appt-disp-window-function \
        (lambda (mins time string) \
                (play-sound (list 'sound :file (substring string 6))))) \
  (appt-activate))"