Subject: Re: bug#33848: Store references in SBCL-compiled code are "invisible"

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 11:13:07 +0200

Hi Guillaume!

> A store reference to a C library in a standalone Lisp binary can come
> either from the current package or from some dependencies
> (cl+ssl, cl-cffi-gtk, etc.). So we would need to scan the source
> code of all the Lisp dependencies recursively to get the full list of
> store refrences.

I don't think there is need to scan recursively: if package A depends on
B which depends on C, then A can lists the dependency on B in a file,
and B can do the same for C.  This way the relationship between A and C
is properly stored.

Am I missing something?

> And as Mark wrote below, with the current grafting code, this list of
> store references will not solve grafting for paths that are in UTF-32 or
> both in ASCII and UTF-32 in the binary file.

Indeed, and that's the core of the issue here I believe, since grafting
is what breaks Nyxt in practice.

Cheers!

-- 
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/