Subject: Re: bug#33847: 27.0.50; emacsclient does not find server socket

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 13:05:07 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > Since there doesn't seem to be any progress here, please find below
>> > the patch that I am using since some time.
>> 
>> Does the absence of any reply (neither here nor on emacs-devel) mean
>> that it is o.k. to push this?
>
> Sorry, no.  It means you should wait for an explicit agreement to your
> proposed patch, and perhaps ping Paul to review it.  Especially since
> Paul objected to the idea on which your patch is based.
>
> I apologize for our slow turnaround times wrt this issue.

This was a year and a half ago, and other users have also reported
problem here (which, if I understand things correctly, this patch
fixes).

I've just skimmed the thread, but the patch seems to me like a
reasonable thing to add to make these use cases work again.

Paul?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no