Subject: Re: [bug#33846] [PATCH] gnu: ruby: Remove versions 1.8, 2.1 and 2.2.

From: Pjotr Prins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 09:22:49 +0100

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 05:39:09PM +0800, Alex Vong wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> This patch removes all ruby versions which have reached EOL since they
> no longer receive official security updates.
> 
> However, please do complain if you need to use one of these
> versions. IMO, it is better to have a central place for them to receive
> (unofficial) security updates (e.g. Debian will support ruby 2.1 until
> 2020), than to roll your own security updates (which is error-prone and
> duplicate effort).
> 

Thanks Alex,

No objection. Note that we now have the channel mechanism to suport
older versions of software we don't need to maintain older versions
inside GNU Guix if there are no down stream dependencies.

Pj.