Subject: bug#33844: Rename ghc-pandoc to pandoc

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 17:27:32 +0200

Dear,

On Wed, 09 Sep 2020 at 18:11, Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> wrote:
> zimoun <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> We should also rename all uses of ghc-pandoc in the same patch.

The packages: …

>>  - rapicorn
>>  - ganeti
>>  - manuskript
>>  - emacs-org-web-tools
>>  - emacs-ox-pandoc
>>  - ruby-pandoc-ruby

… now uses ’pandoc’ instead of ’ghc-pandoc’, see:

c22c6de453 gnu: rapicorn: Use pandoc instead of ghc-pandoc.
885332832c gnu: ganeti: Use pandoc instead of ghc-pandoc.
5dc5a3116b gnu: manuskript: Use pandoc instead of ghc-pandoc.
991c61678b gnu: emacs-org-web-tools: Use pandoc instead of ghc-pandoc.
d37279ee1e gnu: emacs-ox-pandoc: Use pandoc instead of ghc-pandoc.
8cc8e584ab gnu: ruby-pandoc-ruby: Use pandoc instead of ghc-pandoc.

> If these packages only use the “pandoc” executable they should use the
> “pandoc” package instead of “ghc-pandoc”.  “ghc-pandoc” is only meant
> for Haskell packages that use Pandoc as a library.  This is a much rarer
> case, so we can assume that most packages should use “pandoc” instead of
> “ghc-pandoc”.

The only non-Haskell package remaining is ’gnu/packages/mail.scm
(muchsync)’.  Once this package is done (see #43848 [1]), we should be
able to close this bug, I guess.

[1] <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/43848>

All the best,
simon