Subject: bug#33835: Does not halt again

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 19:55:54 +0100 (CET)

The issue is this: after clicking Menu button (Xfce4) --> Logout --> Shutdown and quick closing notebook the system does not halt at all. After time I open notebook and see this:
http://0x0.st/sduT.jpg <http://0x0.st/sduT.jpg>

And after I press power button it shows this with no any further effect:
http://0x0.st/sdu8.jpg

On Guix 0.15.0 the same issue was solved here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2018-10/msg00043.html <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2018-10/msg00043.html>

My current config.scm has elogind lines. But again this problem occurs.

  (services (cons*  
                    (service postgresql-service-type)
                    (xfce-desktop-service)
                    (dnsmasq-service-type
                      (dnsmasq-configuration
                        (no-resolv? #t)
                        (servers '("192.168.1.1"))))
                    (modify-services      
                      ;;(remove (lambda (service)
                      ;;  (eq? (service-kind service)
                      ;;    wpa-supplicant-service-type))
                      ;;  (remove (lambda (service)
                      ;;    (eq? (service-kind service)
                      ;;      static-networking-service-type))
                          (remove (lambda (service)
                            (eq? (service-kind service)
                              ntp-service-type))
                            (remove (lambda (service)
                              (eq? (service-kind service)
                                avahi-service-type))
                              %desktop-services
                            )  ;end of remove avahi
                          )  ;end of remove2 ntp
                        ;;)  ;end of remove3 networking
                      ;)  ;end of remove4 wpa-supplicant
                      (elogind-service-type
                        c => (elogind-configuration (handle-lid-switch 'ignore)))
                    );;end of modify desktop-services
  ));;end of services