Subject: bug#3382: 23.0.94; reveal-mode and outline-minor-mode

From: Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 15:58:23 +0100

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

I am trying to use outline-minor-mode and reveal-mode together while
editing a LaTeX document. There's one small annoyance with reveal mode.
It is this. Suppose my doc with outline-minor and hide-body looks like
this:

** Section 1...
** Section 2...
*** Subsection 1
*** Subsection 2

If I use reveal-mode to open Section 2 by moving the point to ..., the
tree opens fine. Now move the point to Section 1 and the buffer changes
to:

** Section 1...
** Section 2...

i.e. the headlines of subsections are now hidden. I wonder if
reveal-mode can stop hiding anything that is not hidden before. As you
can see the Subsection headlines are as important as the Section
headlines for an overview of the content.

Thanks.

Leo