Subject: Update mes-minimal-stripped-tarball to Mes 0.19 on gnu.org

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 19:37:33 +0100

Hi!

The current Mes bootstrap on Guix has a big problem: the bin directory
has been stripped from mes-minimal-stripped-tarball; so the bootstrap
in core-updates really (accidentally) depends on bootstrap-guile.

This has been addressed by Ricardo and me at the R-B summit last week.

I also managed to release Mes-0.19, which makes for a much faster
bootstrap using Mes, and gives us a richer Mes C library that will allow
us to build bash and tar, hopefully.

On my core-updates branch at gitlab (https://gitlab.com/janneke/guix,
52c475a606 bootstrap: srfi-43: Remove) I have patches for all the above.

Checking out the commit core-updates~4

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
ef809e3ac036eccc5f9c9edd8fb661d14ae15f2f
bootstrap: Add mes-boot0; decouple mes-boot from Mes.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I have built a new mes-minimal-stripped-tarball that I would like to put
up on gnu.org

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
19:26:16 janneke@dundal:~/src/guix/wip-seed 
$ guix hash /gnu/store/h80vzl6w2ih4hnrpmczs4m7v0qc888m9-mes-minimal-stripped-tarball-0.19/mes-minimal-stripped-0.19-i686-linux.tar.xz 
0k7kkl68a6xaadv47ij0nr9jm5ca1ffj38n7f2lg80y72wdkwr9h
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The subsequent commit

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
986e982884 bootstrap: bootstrap-mes: Update.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

has, apart from the guix hash update also

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
-                  "http://lilypond.org/janneke/guix/20181214/"
-                  "mes-minimal-stripped-0.18-1.a155a0a-i686-linux.tar.xz"))
+                  "http://lilypond.org/janneke/guix/20181215/"
+                  "mes-minimal-stripped-0.19-i686-linux.tar.xz"))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I'd be happy if we can do with a rewrite of the url this commit.

Sorry for updating so soon, I sure hope we can keep this Mes-0.19 for
quite some time.

janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com