Subject: bug#33791: closed (Re: bug#33791: 26.1; Eshell on Windows connecting to GNU/Linux machine using TRAMP and plink: env:‘c:/home/jordan/test.sh’: No such file or directory)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 14:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#33791: 26.1; Eshell on Windows connecting to GNU/Linux machine using TRAMP and plink: env: ‘c:/home/jordan/test.sh’: No such file or directory

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
33791: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33791
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#33791: 26.1; Eshell on Windows connecting to GNU/Linux machine using TRAMP and plink: env: ‘c:/home/jordan/test.sh’: No such file or directory
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Jordan Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 15:19:28 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 26.2

Jordan Wilson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael and Eli,

Hi Jordan,

>> Jordan, could you pls test whether the changes I have applied to the
>> emacs-26 branch work for you? See attachment for the changes.
>
> The patches fix my problem. Everything now works as expected.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm closing the bug.

> Thank you to both of you for fixing this! 

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 26.1; Eshell on Windows connecting to GNU/Linux machine using TRAMP and plink: env: ‘c:/home/jordan/test.sh’: No such file or directory
From: Jordan Wilson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:00:35 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,
I'm running Emacs 26.1 on Windows 10. I've replicated this with "emacs
-Q".

When I'm connected to my GNU/Linux machine (using TRAMP and plink) with
eshell, I can't run executables in the local directory. Doing
"./test.sh" returns "env: ‘c:/home/jordan/test.sh’: No such file or
directory".  

I also can't navigate properly using `cd', etc. It returns "No such
directory found via CDPATH environment variable".

Here's an example:

       c:/Users/Jordan $ /plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan/test
       /plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan/test $ ls
       test2       test.sh
       /plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan/test $ ./test.sh
       env: ‘c:/home/jordan/test.sh’: No such file or directory
       /plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan/test $ cd test2
       No such directory found via CDPATH environment variable
       /plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan/test $ cd test2/
       No such directory found via CDPATH environment variable
       /plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan/test/ $ 

Thanks

I don't have these problems trying to connect to "domain.com" this way
on my GNU/Linux install. I've tried the 26.2 pretest on Windows, and I'm
having the same problem.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2018-05-29 built on TPW550S
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.17134

Configured using:
 'configure --without-compress-install --without-dbus --with-modules
 'CFLAGS= -O2 -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Eshell

-- 
Jordan Wilson
    Sent from Gnus v5.13, GNU Emacs 26.1