Subject: Re: bug#33791: 26.1; Eshell on Windows connecting to GNU/Linux machine using TRAMP and plink: env: ‘c:/home/jordan/test.sh’: No such file or directory

From: Jordan Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 12:40:14 +0000

Hmm...seems the bug I'm experiencing is more low-lying than eshell. I've
followed it down to C-level. eshell/cd -> cd -> locate-file ->
locate-file-internal. In my case both problems arise from "c:"
being prepended somewhere.

Evaluating:

     (locate-file-internal ".." '("./") nil (lambda (f) (message f)))

while in "/plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan/test" returns
"c:/plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan". Whilst

     (locate-file-internal ".."
            '("/plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan/test")
             nil (lambda (f) (message f)))

correctly returns "/plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan".

It seems the problem is something to do with converting from a
relative to absolute path. Eval'ing (expand-file-name "..") correctly
returns "/plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan", though. Strange.

-- 
Jordan Wilson
    Sent from Gnus v5.13, GNU Emacs 26.1