Subject: Re: bug#33791: 26.1; Eshell on Windows connecting to GNU/Linux machine using TRAMP and plink: env: ‘c:/home/jordan/test.sh’: No such file or directory

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 16:36:04 +0200

> From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 13:35:47 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> Isn't this bug#24787?
> >
> > Yes, definitely looks like it.  But I don't think the discussion of
> > that bug ended with any conclusions wrt how to fix it, did it?
> 
> No. It is about MS Windows, and it is a minor bug. That's why I didn't
> chime in. Maybe it's now time to have a look on it.

I hope so.  I'm also quite surprised that the problem is specific to
Windows.  If Eshell does handle remote directories in eshell/cd, then
the fact it doesn't work on Windows might be some silly syntax issue,
like some code somewhere expects a directory to begin with a slash or
something.

> (I wish we would have somebody who cares about eshell, regularly)

Seconded.