Subject: bug#33791: 26.1; Eshell on Windows connecting to GNU/Linux machine using TRAMP and plink: env: ‘c:/home/jordan/test.sh’: No such file or directory

From: Jordan Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:00:35 +0000

Hi,
I'm running Emacs 26.1 on Windows 10. I've replicated this with "emacs
-Q".

When I'm connected to my GNU/Linux machine (using TRAMP and plink) with
eshell, I can't run executables in the local directory. Doing
"./test.sh" returns "env: ‘c:/home/jordan/test.sh’: No such file or
directory".  

I also can't navigate properly using `cd', etc. It returns "No such
directory found via CDPATH environment variable".

Here's an example:

       c:/Users/Jordan $ /plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan/test
       /plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan/test $ ls
       test2       test.sh
       /plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan/test $ ./test.sh
       env: ‘c:/home/jordan/test.sh’: No such file or directory
       /plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan/test $ cd test2
       No such directory found via CDPATH environment variable
       /plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan/test $ cd test2/
       No such directory found via CDPATH environment variable
       /plink:[email-masked]:/home/jordan/test/ $ 

Thanks

I don't have these problems trying to connect to "domain.com" this way
on my GNU/Linux install. I've tried the 26.2 pretest on Windows, and I'm
having the same problem.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2018-05-29 built on TPW550S
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.17134

Configured using:
 'configure --without-compress-install --without-dbus --with-modules
 'CFLAGS= -O2 -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Eshell

-- 
Jordan Wilson
    Sent from Gnus v5.13, GNU Emacs 26.1