Subject: bug#3378: 23.0.94; Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function x-own-selection-internal)

From: Ian Eure <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 16:54:51 -0700

I can reproduce here with -Q. Drag around the *scratch* buffer while  
pressing meta.

Here's the backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function x-own-selection-internal)
   x-own-selection-internal(SECONDARY #("nt to save, and for Lisp  
evaluation.\n;; If you want to create a file, visit that file with C-x  
C-f,\n;; then enter the text in that file's own buf" 0 37 (fontified t  
face font-lock-comment-face) 37 40 (fontified t face font-lock-comment- 
delimiter-face) 40 100 (fontified t face font-lock-comment-face) 100  
103 (fontified t face font-lock-comment-delimiter-face) 103 145  
(fontified t face font-lock-comment-face)))
   x-set-selection(SECONDARY #("nt to save, and for Lisp evaluation. 
\n;; If you want to create a file, visit that file with C-x C-f,\n;;  
then enter the text in that file's own buf" 0 37 (fontified t face  
font-lock-comment-face) 37 40 (fontified t face font-lock-comment- 
delimiter-face) 40 100 (fontified t face font-lock-comment-face) 100  
103 (fontified t face font-lock-comment-delimiter-face) 103 145  
(fontified t face font-lock-comment-face)))
   mouse-drag-secondary((M-down-mouse-1 (#<window 3 on *scratch*> 186  
(315 . 41) 112283825 nil 186 (45 . 2) nil (0 . 11) (7 . 15))))
   call-interactively(mouse-drag-secondary nil nil)

The problem seems to be that x-own-selection-internal isn't available  
on non-X11 windowing systems (it's ns-own-selection-internal), but it  
called by x-set-selection.

Maybe this needs to be aliased to x-own-selection-internal; I know  
other NS-specific functions have x- aliases for compatibility.

  - Ian