Subject: Wrong lib-list in install-%DIR%LTLIBRARIES

From: Bert Wesarg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 20:11:48 +0100

All,

looking at lib/am/ltlib.am, the rule for installing libraries looks
weird for the !LIBTOOL case. Though I have the impression that this
file should not be used at all, if libtool is not used. Nevertheless,
the install command in this cases uses the $list variable, not the
sanitized $list2 variable. A simple patch looks like:

diff --git i/lib/am/ltlib.am w/lib/am/ltlib.am
index 1cbf7192e..2ac157472 100644
--- i/lib/am/ltlib.am
+++ w/lib/am/ltlib.am
@@ -49,8 +49,8 @@ if %?BASE%
 ## permissions to use.
 ?LIBTOOL?        echo " $(LIBTOOL) $(AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS) $(LIBTOOLFLAGS)
--mode=install $(INSTALL) $(INSTALL_STRIP_FLAG) $$list2
'$(DESTDIR)$(%NDIR%dir)'"; \
 ?LIBTOOL?        $(LIBTOOL) $(AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS) $(LIBTOOLFLAGS)
--mode=install $(INSTALL) $(INSTALL_STRIP_FLAG) $$list2
"$(DESTDIR)$(%NDIR%dir)"; \
-?!LIBTOOL?       echo " $(INSTALL) $(INSTALL_STRIP_FLAG) $$list
'$(DESTDIR)$(%NDIR%dir)'"; \
-?!LIBTOOL?       $(INSTALL) $(INSTALL_STRIP_FLAG) $$list
"$(DESTDIR)$(%NDIR%dir)"; \
+?!LIBTOOL?       echo " $(INSTALL) $(INSTALL_STRIP_FLAG) $$list2
'$(DESTDIR)$(%NDIR%dir)'"; \
+?!LIBTOOL?       $(INSTALL) $(INSTALL_STRIP_FLAG) $$list2
"$(DESTDIR)$(%NDIR%dir)"; \
        }
 else !%?BASE%
        @list='$(%DIR%_LTLIBRARIES)'; test -n "$(%NDIR%dir)"  || list=; \

Best,
Bert