Subject: Re: bug#33779: Wrong lib-list in install-%DIR%LTLIBRARIES

From: Bert Wesarg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:38:47 +0100

On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 6:58 AM Mike Frysinger <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 20:11:48 +0100, Bert Wesarg wrote:
> > looking at lib/am/ltlib.am, the rule for installing libraries looks
> > weird for the !LIBTOOL case. Though I have the impression that this
> > file should not be used at all, if libtool is not used. Nevertheless,
> > the install command in this cases uses the $list variable, not the
> > sanitized $list2 variable. A simple patch looks like:
>
> i agree it looks funky.  do you have an example of where this fails ?
> how did you discover the bug ?  we'd want to write a test for it so we
> can be sure it doesn't fail again.

No, I don't have one. It just crossed my eyes while working on more
silent rules in Automake. I made Ben recently aware of these changes,
which are availalbe here:

https://github.com/bertwesarg/automake/commits/more-and-colorful-silence

and also Autoconf is now more colorful:

https://github.com/bertwesarg/autoconf/commits/color

Bert

> -mike