Subject: bug#33778: guix copy fails

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 21:17:23 +0100

Hi,

> Could it be that the (guix …) modules were not found on the target
> machine[…]?

That’s it!  The /etc/environment file does not contain lines for
GUILE_LOAD_PATH and GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH.  I added them manually,
killed the listening Guile process, and tried again — with success.

I remembered that I added these variables to /etc/environment on all
build nodes for berlin.guix.info via a service like this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(simple-service 'guile-load-path-in-global-env
                session-environment-service-type
                `(("GUILE_LOAD_PATH"
                   . "/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.2")
                  ("GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH"
                   . ,(string-append "/run/current-system/profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache:"
                                     "/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.2"))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Should this be done by default?

-- 
Ricardo