Subject: Re: [bug#33770] [PATCH] gnu: Add nip2.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 17:59:04 +0100

Hello!

L  p R n  d n    <[email-masked]> skribis:

>>>From e90b425484ed84b87333a168447a7128a53a8434 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Lprndn <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 19:03:13 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add nip2.
>
> * gnu/packages/image-processing.scm (nip2): New variable.

Could you run ‘guix lint’ on this package and address any issues it
reports?

> +     (origin
> +       (method url-fetch)
> +       (uri (string-append
> +             "https://github.com/libvips/nip2/releases/download/v"
> +             version "/nip2-" version ".tar.gz"))

We now try to avoid GitHub-generated tarballs and instead use
‘git-fetch’ to retrieve software from GitHub.  Could you make this
change?

> +    (arguments
> +     `(#:tests? #f))                    ;; tests need $HOME/.nip2-8.7.0

Could you try adding a phase that sets the “HOME” environment variable
right before the ‘check’ phase?  See for example ‘python-biopython’ on
how to do it.

> +    (home-page "https://github.com/libvips/nip2")
> +    (synopsis "A spreadsheet-like GUI for libvips")
> +    (description "nip2 is a GUI for the VIPS image processing library.
> +It's a little like a spreadsheet: you create a set of formula connecting your
> +objects together, and on a change nip2 recalculates")
> +    (license license:gpl2)))

Source file headers contain the “or any later version” wording so it
should be ‘license:gpl2+’.

Apart from that it LGTM!

Thanks in advance,
Ludo’.