Subject: bug#33769: closed (Re: bug#33769: 27.0.50; NSM and Emacs locked up)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2019 00:49:04 +0000

Your bug report

#33769: 27.0.50; NSM and Emacs locked up

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
33769: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33769
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#33769: 27.0.50; NSM and Emacs locked up
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Live System User <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2019 01:48:29 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Live System User <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>         While starting up Gnus, the NSM presented me with a
>>         dialog to accept a certicate.  I pressed "s" for
>>         "Session only" but noyhing happened: the prompt to
>>         "Continue connectinh?" remained in the echo area.
>>
>>         I starced" the Emacs process and saw that it was in a
>>         tight loop printing:
>>
>> recvmsg(6, {msg_namelen=0}, 0)          = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavai
>> lable)
>>
>>         several times a second.
>>
>>         "C-g" woulf not abort nor allow me to interact with the
>>         Emacs process.
>
> Is this something you can reproduce on the trunk now?  The NSM prompting
> has gotten a bit of rework on certain input situations...

More information was requested, but none was given within 17 weeks.  I
also can't reproduce this on Emacs 27.  I'm therefore going to assume
that this has been fixed and close this bug.

If anyone can still reproduce this, please report back and/or reopen
the bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 27.0.50; NSM and Emacs locked up
From: Live System User <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 08:14:09 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

        While starting up Gnus, the NSM presented me with a
        dialog to accept a certicate.  I pressed "s" for
        "Session only" but noyhing happened: the prompt to
        "Continue connectinh?" remained in the echo area.

        I starced" the Emacs process and saw that it was in a
        tight loop printing:

recvmsg(6, {msg_namelen=0}, 0)          = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavai
lable)

        several times a second.

        "C-g" woulf not abort nor allow me to interact with the
        Emacs process.

        Here's some GDB info, if it helps.

        Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 92, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.10)
 of 2018-12-11 built on localhost
Repository revision: 1691a51094d35ac4b2c311fa407c6b77eea7a105
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11803000
System Description: Fedora 24 (Workstation Edition)

Recent messages:
nnimap read 58k from imap.aim.com [2 times]
nnimap read 100k from imap.aim.com
nnimap read 215k from imap.aim.com
nnimap read 249k from imap.aim.com
nnimap read 300k from imap.aim.com
Fetching headers for nnimap+aol:INBOX...done
Scoring...done
Sorting threads...done
Generating summary...done
Auto-saving...

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O0 -ggdb3 -pipe -Wall
 -Werror=format-security -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro --disable-dependency-tracking
 --prefix=/tmp/emacs-27.0-git-master
 --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-lcms2
 --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-gpm=yes
 --with-xwidgets --with-modules --with-json'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF
XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
JSON LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-desktop-notify-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail qp gnus-ml disp-table
cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh nndoc mm-archive timezone url-http url-gw
url-cache url-auth url-handlers utf-7 rfc2104 nnfolder cl-extra
help-mode gnutls network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-cache gnus-demon nntp
gnus-desktop-notify easy-mmode notifications dbus xml epa-file nnreddit
mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs url-vars json map gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap cl sieve sieve-mode
sieve-manage sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain advice nnir
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib nnoo
nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils misearch multi-isearch elec-pair
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 29541489 84991)
 (symbols 48 127374 53)
 (strings 32 120754 10407)
 (string-bytes 1 4182090)
 (vectors 16 28525)
 (vector-slots 8 962575 70118)
 (floats 8 212 495)
 (intervals 56 9198 91)
 (buffers 992 40)
 (heap 1024 595979 512334))