Subject: [bug#33759] [PATCH] gnu: linkchecker: Fix build.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 16:12:23 +0100

Hello Chris!

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> For some reason, the tests fail due to the lack of pytest. But when that's
> added as an input, then some tests fail in other ways.
>
> * gnu/packages/web.scm (linkchecker)[native-inputs]: Add python2-pytest.
> [arguments]: Set #:tests? to #f.

[...]

> +     `(#:python ,python-2
> +       ;; TODO: Tests currently fail. Looks to be a mixture of trying to use
> +       ;; /homeless-shelter and maybe the network.
> +       #:tests? #f))

Did you try adding a phase that does (setenv "HOME" (getcwd))?

IMO it would be best to get some confidence that the test failures are
benign, possibly working around them with tricks as above.

Thanks!

Ludo’.