Subject: Re: [bug#33756] correction

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 12:55:12 +0100

Hi,

thanks for the patch.  I have the following suggestions:

* It's easier to just use #:make-flags to override the CC make variable -- and
it doesn't require a custom phase
* It's clearer to use #:tests? #f to indicate that there are no tests.
* install-file makes sure that the destination directory exists already,
so it's useless to manually create it
* sctd.sh uses "which" to find the "sct" executable.  Please patch it
so that it uses the sct executable of (assoc-ref outputs "out") "/bin"
(i.e. hard-code it) instead
* sctd.sh uses "logger" which is part of inetutils, so inetutils should
be a regular input.  Moreover, please patch sctd.sh so it uses inetutils'
logger (i.e. hard-code it using (assoc-ref inputs "inetutils"))
* sctd.sh uses "date", "printf" and "sleep" which are part of coreutils,
so coreutils should be a regular input.  Moreover, please patch sctd.sh so
it uses coreutils' things (i.e. hard-code it using (assoc-ref inputs "coreutils")

(See other files for how to use "substitute*" to patch things)

Could you send an updated patch?