Subject: Re: [bug#33753] stumpwm-contrib

From: Nam Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 01:01:21 -0800

> Sorry, no time for testing at the moment.
No worries. Thanks for letting me know.

> Both are included with asdf-build-system/sbcl.  Is this OK in this context?

In this context, the entire repo is contained in sbcl-source. 
COPYING  media/  minor-mode/  modeline/  README.org  update-readme.sh  util/

I've resorted to a clunky way of deleting everything but the util/cpu
subdirectory that I care about retaining.
cp -r sbcl-source/util/cpu out/cpu
rm -rf sbcl-source
cp -r out/cpu sbcl-source/cpu

I have cleaned up the code a bit in these latest two patches so that
there is only one phase that does this. The directories look like so:

---8<------------------------------------------------------------
~/.guix-profile/share/common-lisp/sbcl-source$ ls
battery-portable  cpu  hostname  mem  pinentry  swm-gaps  winner-mode

~/.guix-profile/share/common-lisp/sbcl-bundle-systems$ ls
battery-portable.asd  cpu.asd  hostname.asd  mem.asd  pinentry.asd  swm-gaps.asd  winner-mode.asd
---8<------------------------------------------------------------

> (set-module-dir "~/.guix-profile/share/common-lisp/sbcl-bundle-systems")
> And then you would not need this line either if I'm not mistaken.

I referred to the documentation[1], and it seems that module-dir can be set.

In order not to set module-dir at runtime, perhaps the stumpwm recipe
can be configured[2] with the correct module-dir?

I suppose it would be more user-friendly to not have to use set-module-dir
and just use the modules directly (like how emacs works with guix). If
this is option is more desired, I can try configuring stumpwm and will
report back.

---8<------------------------------------------------------------
(defvar *load-path* nil
  "A list of paths in which modules can be found, by default it is
  populated by any asdf systems found in `*module-dir*' set from the
  configure script when StumpWM was built, or later by the user using
  `add-to-load-path'")
---8<------------------------------------------------------------

[1] https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm/wiki/Modules
[2] https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm/blob/master/module.lisp