Subject: Re: [bug#33753] stumpwm-contrib

From: Nam Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 02:01:29 -0800

Hi all,

> you could probably use a a function / macro to define those packages

Thank you for pointing me to examples. This helped me refactor.

> : 4. Should the stumpwm-contrib directory be named sbcl-sources (can't
> : recall the default directory of asdf-build-system/source)?

> Sorry, which directory exactly?

If I use asdf-build-system/source instead of sbcl I get the sources for
cpu stored in:
~/.guix-profile/share/common-lisp/source/cpu

Instead, I arbitrarily created stumpwm-contrib to store the sources:
~/.guix-profile/share/common-lisp/stumpwm-contrib/cpu

To rephrase question #4: Should I rename stumpwm-contrib to be "source"
to be more consistent with the "default" naming, or is stumpwm-contrib
sufficient?

As noted before, ~/.stumpwmrc will have to contain the precompiled code in:
(set-module-dir "~/.guix-profile/share/common-lisp/sbcl-bundle-systems")
in order to work with the more advanced plugins like pinentry.

AIUI, stumpwm-contrib/cpu contains the source code and documentation
org-mode files, and sbcl-bundle-systems contains the precompiled code.

This time, I included all the modules for review, as refactoring helped
to shorten the patches.